As much as you love your pets, you probably don't want their various aromas to dominate your green home. Here are effective and eco-friendly ways you can eliminate pet odors, from urine stains to doggy breath:
Clean Accidents Quickly and Effectively1
Even house-broken pets can have accidents every now and then. To keep odors from taking over your home:
- Clean accidents as soon as you can, making sure wet spots don't get a chance to dry. Built up urine stains on upholstery are much harder to eradicate.
- Use paper towels to soak up any puddles before applying a cleaner.
- Rinse with cold Kangen Water®.
- Spray Enagic® Stain Remover for spot treatment or set-in stains.
- A wet-vac can help clean your carpet without the use of toxic chemical treatments.
- Replace the carpet padding if it got wet, either by the accident itself or the clean-up process. Carpet paddings can easily mildew.
- Wash any pet blankets or other linens that may have gotten dirty with Kangen Laundry Detergent.
Keeping your pet regularly groomed can help prevent odors. To keep your animal clean naturally:
- Make sure you brush your pet's fur and teeth every day, or as needed. Use baking soda and Neutral Water as a healthy, all-natural toothpaste.
- Sometimes your dog or cat needs help keeping his ears clean from dirt and yeast. Talk with your veterinarian first to see if your pet is doing a good enough job on his own. If not, you can help him out with Kangen Water®. Moisten clean cotton balls with Kangen Water®, and gently wipe the inner flap of your pet's ears.
- Bathe your pet with Kangen Water® Pet Shampoo. Say no to toxic chemicals found in store-bought pet shampoo! Use this easy formula to create your own shampoo with your high-functioning Enagic® water machine:
Kangen Water® Pet Shampoo
- 1/3 cup glycerine
- 1 cup Strong Kangen Water Dish Soap
- 1 quart Kangen Water®
Combine ingredients in a large recycled bottle and use as needed.
You should talk to your veterinarian about your particular pet's optimal pH level for his fur. You may want to adjust the shampoo recipe with Beauty Water or Neutral Water, depending on the advice of your vet. The pH level of pet fur varies among different animals and breeds. Thankfully, your Enagic® machine can provide the exact pH for your pet's needs! Dry your pet's fur after a bath to reduce the "wet animal" smell.
Keep Pet Toys and Feeding Area Clean
- Wash your pet's feeding bowls two or three times a week. First spray with Strong Kangen Water, then hand wash with Strong Kangen Water Dish Soap.
- Wash your pet's linens with Kangen Laundry Detergent once or twice a week.
- Spray your pet's toys with Strong Acidic Water, and then hand wash with Strong Kangen Water Dish Soap.
- Maintain your cat's litter box with biodegradable litter for a greener kitty. Remember that over 2 million tons of cat litter gets dumped in US landfills every year! Wash the litter box once a week with Strong Kangen Dish Soap.
Finally, you can always mask any unwanted pet odors with your homemade potpourri aromas. Simply simmer a pot of Kangen Water® with your favorite scents. Here is an easy recipe, perfect anytime you have company who may not be as tolerant of your pet's odors as you:
Kangen Water® Potpourri
- 5 to 6 cinnamon sticks, broken
- 1 Tablespoon lemon peel
- 1 Tablespoon orange peel
- 1/2 cup whole cloves
- 1/4 cup allspice
- 2 slices dried apples
Combine ingredients, and simmer with Kangen Water®.
Your Enagic® water ionizing machine provides many different ways for you to keep your greener pet smelling great every day! Don't waste time walking through the aisles of pet mega-stores, or more money on pet care products with toxic chemicals. Stay home, live green, and enjoy more time with your furry friend.
For information on how to keep your pet free of parasites, see the Flea & Tick Treatment page.