Homemade Kangen Water® Vegetable Broth
- 3 - 4 lbs Vegetables (celery, carrots, onions, tomatoes, green bell peppers, turnips, potatoes, mushrooms, etc)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaf
- 8 cups Kangen Water® (pH 9.5)
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a large pot.
- Reduce heat and simmer for at least an hour.
- Strain the vegetables with a colander over a bowl or pot, and remove bay leaves. You can also roast the vegetables before making the broth for a more robust flavor.
Kangen Water® Sauce and Salad Dressing1
- Papaya seeds of 1/2 papaya
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup leafy greens, such as collards or mizuna (the leftover tips and stems)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5-6 green onions (the leftover root and tips)
- Parsley (the leftover tips and stems)
- Cilantro (the leftover tips and stems)
- Fresh juice and seeds of 3 - 4 lemons (use the rind for brewing tea)
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 cup sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup Kangen Water® (pH 9.5)
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut water
- 1 avocado
- Put the papaya seeds in the bottom of your blender.
- Soak and rinse the leafy greens, garlic, onions, parsley, cilantro and thyme (for more information see Kangen Cooking. Strain before adding to the blender.
- Add lemon juice (with seeds) and sea salt to the blender.
- Measure the sesame oil and olive oil in separate container, then pour into the blender.
- SLOWLY pour in the Kangen Water® so it will have an emulsifying effect.
- Add the fresh coconut milk and avocado.
- Blend on low speed.
- Store your dressing in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
Enjoy on a wide variety of foods - from traditional salads to steamed vegetables or fish! This dressing acts as a delicious and versatile sauce.
Kangen Water® Seafood Stock2
- 8 cups Kangen Water®
- All the shrimp tails, shells, and fish ends you have left over!
- 2-3 lbs vegetables (carrots, onion, celery)
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Fill a large pot with Kangen Water®.
- Add all your shrimp tails, shells, and fish ends.
- Simmer for 45 minutes (don't boil!).
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer 1 hour.
- Strain in a sturdy colander or sieve.
Kangen Water® Steamed Salmon and Potatoes
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes, halved
- 1 lemon rind (leftover from the Kangen Water® Sauce recipe)
- 4 wild salmon fillets, skinned
- Kangen Water® Sauce, about 1/2 to 3/4 cup (see above)
- Set up a 2-layer bamboo steamer in a wok and add enough Kangen Water® or homemade broth to reach the bottom rim. Add the lemon rind to the water, then simmer.
- Line the bottom layer of the steamer with lettuce leaves, and put in the potatoes. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Line the top layer with parchment paper, and place the salmon inside. Season with sea salt and pepper and cook until the salmon is opaque, about 7 minutes.
- Put the potatoes in a bowl and mash, adding salt, pepper, butter, or olive oil to taste.
- Remove the fish and top with Kangen Water® Sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
1Chef Pascal's DVD "Open the Door to Evolution"
2Adapted from dishinanddishes.com