Drink Green, Drink Healthy
Have you ever wondered why so many Americans choose to fill their bodies with sugary, caffeinated, and high-caloric beverages? Kangen Water® is in constant competition with drinks that do not have healthy benefits, do not promote adequate hydration, and are usually packaged with wasteful materials.
Here's a ranking of the most consumed beverages in the U.S.1:
- Carbonated Soft Drinks (almost twice as much as any other beverage)
- Bottled Water
Aside from what some of these beverages can do to your overall health, they are also harmful to our environment. Here are a few quick facts about how the environmental affects these popular drinks:
- Over 75% of all plastic bottles (including soda and water bottles) are littered or end up in the landfill2.
- Plastic bottles take 500 years to biodegrade2.
- The carbon footprint of PET plastic (found in plastic bottles) is about 13 pounds of CO2 per 1 pound of plastic2.
- Although they are made of paper, disposable coffee cups are NOT recyclable, as they contain a plastic outer coating to keep them leak-proof.
- US coffee drinkers use about 40 billion paper and 25 billion plastic cups a year3. Put end-to-end, this chain of wasteful coffee cups could wrap around the Earth 55 times.
Kangen Water® can hydrate your body with clean, healthy water, and it does not require wasteful packaging. Simply fill up a BPA-free reusable Enagic® water bottle with Kangen Water® before you leave the house, and you can enjoy healthy, green hydration all day.
Fight the urge to fill your body with unhealthy beverages! Be smart; hydrate with the delicious and fresh Kangen Water® for better health and a greener life.
Making the Switch
Sometimes it's not so easy to replace unhealthy drinks with Kangen Water®, especially if you have developed an addiction to sugar or caffeine.
If you have habitually filled your diet with sugary, fatty, and high caloric beverages, you may need to add a little twist to your delicious Kangen Water®. Use these ideas to liven up your Kangen Water® with natural flavors:
- Adding crushed herbs, such as mint or lemongrass, will add aroma and flavor.
- Citrus and berries provide a fruity twist to Kangen Water®. Cut or squeeze oranges, limes, blueberries, or strawberries. Try mixing fruit flavors, such as lemon and lime.
- Fill a pitcher with lemon slices, then add Kangen Water® for cool, refreshing water all day.
- For a stronger flavor, add unsweetened fruit juices such as cranberry cocktail.
- Freeze small fruits (clementine oranges, mango slices, berries, etc) and use then as delicious ice cubes in your Kangen Water®.
- Add Fair Trade herbal tea bags to cold Kangen Water® and the flavors will infuse with the water. This makes great afternoon iced tea.
You can enjoy a healthy, delicious beverage without hurting the environment! Say NO to plastic bottles and wasteful packaging and get creative with Kangen Water®.
1Beverage Marketing Corporation, 2008