Personal Care Recipes
Enagic® All-Natural Shampoo
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Castile Soap
- 1 cup Beauty Water
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs
- 1 teaspoon almond or apricot kernel oil
- 2 drops of essential oil
- Place herbs in a clean glass jar with a lid.
- Pour Beauty Water over herbs and let steep overnight.
- Strain the liquid from the herbs.
- Add the castile soap and almond or apricot oil.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add essential oil and mix again.
- Pour into recycled shampoo bottle.
You can also spritz the Beauty Water on your hair as conditioner. It helps detangle and reveal natural shine!
Beauty Water Conditioner1
- 1 tsp.Acai Berry Oil or Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 c Beauty Water
- Beat the egg yolk until frothy.
- Add the oil and beat again.
- Slowly add the yolk mixture to the Beauty Water.
- Massage into the scalp and rinse well.
*This is a one-use conditioner, and is not meant to be stored.
Beauty Water Soap
There are several things you need to know before making Beauty Water Soap. Lye is an irritating agent that can be dangerous to your eyes and throat. Handle carefully, with rubber gloves and safety glasses, and keep far away from children. Also, the utensils, safety glasses, gloves, kettle, etc. should all be reserved for soap-making. Do not use these items for any other purpose. Finally, measure all your ingredients by weight, not volume.
- 21.8 oz Olive Oil
- 5.3 oz Palm Oil
- 5.3 oz Coconut Oil
- 4.3 oz Lye
- 11.9 oz cold Beauty Water
- Combination of 4 tsp. fragrant oil + 1 tsp. herb. Our favorite combinations are rosemary oil with thyme leaves, lemongrass oil with sage leaves, rosewood oil and bergamot herb, or lavender oil with sage leaves.
- Carefully pour lye into cold Beauty Water, stirring slowly to avoid splashes. This lye mixture will quickly start to heat up in a powerful chemical reaction. Set aside. Now melt the oils together and let them chill to 120 degrees. Cool the lye mixture in cold Neutral Water in the sink until it chills to 120 degrees. When the oils and lye mixture are the same temperature, pour the lye mixture carefully into the oil mixture, stirring slowly. Continue stirring for 45 - 55 min, until it reaches trace (when you can see swirls). Now add the fragrant oil and herb. Pour the mixture into decorative molds, being careful not to splash or make bubbles. Cover with plastic wrap.
- After 24 to 48 hours, the soap can be turned out of the mold. Allow to cure for 3 to 4 more weeks, making sure the air can circulate all around the soap (or you can turn and rotate the bars every 2 days).
- These beautiful soaps make wonderful gift items. Just be sure to let everyone know how healthy the Beauty Water Soaps are for their skin!
Beauty Water Lotion2
- 1/2 c distilled Kangen Water® (collected with a steam boiler), seeped with 1 heaping teaspoon of a beneficial herb (such as dandelion)
- 1/2 c almond or olive oil
- 1 tbsp. organic liquid lecithin
- 1 tsp.essential oil (such as Vitamin E oil or aloe vera)
- Blend the ingredients together in a blender until a creamy mixture forms. Add Beauty Water if you wish to make a thinner lotion.
- Shake well, and enjoy an eco-friendly and healthy lotion!
- *Make sure to store in a cool place.
Enagic® Hand Sanitizer
Have you ever investigated what is in your antibacterial products? You might be surprised at the chemicals necessary for making your life germ-free. Try our natural Strong Acidic Water recipe instead.
- 10 drops of essential oil (peppermint or tea tree)
- Strong Acidic Water
Combine ingredients in small spray bottle. Spray on hands and rub together.
- Select a flower from your garden with a delightful aroma. Gather 1 1/2 cups of petals.
- Wash the flower petals with the same water you used to grow the flowers. See Gardening with Kangen Water® for more information on which Enagic® water to use for different types of flowers.
- Using a steam boiler, carefully collect 2 cups of distilled Kangen Water®
- Put the 2 cups of distilled Kangen Water® and the petals in a pan. Heat the water just below boiling. DON'T let the petals boil!
- Simmer for 2 hours uncovered, making sure the water does not run out.
- Remove from heat and let the perfume cool.
- Strain through a cheesecloth.
- Congratulations! The remaining liquid is your perfume. Find a recycled bottle or container, and enjoy! If you give your Kangen Water® Fragrance as a gift, make sure you indicate the all-natural ingredients on the label so your friend can get excited about the limitless Enagic® possibilities!
2Adapted from: http://www.pioneerthinking.com/beauty/skin/facials-scrubs/ds_lotion.html
3Adapted from: http://planetgreen.discovery.com/fashion-beauty/perfume-garden-flowers.html